Brought to you by editor John Fitts, the new site focuses on Canton, CT, its people, issues and events. The WordPress-powered website will publish stories on local government, school events, businesses, community organizations and much more. Get your event listed, advertise your company, and have your voice heard.
If your in town, go meet John and enjoy either a coffee at LaSalle Market, a happy hour beer at Wilson’s Pub (for the first 25 people) or a free slice of pizza at Flatbread today.
Schedule will be as follows:
- 9 a.m. to noon — LaSalle Market and Deli, 104 Main St., Collinsville
- 4 to 5 p.m. — Wilson’s Pub and Restaurant, 3 River St., Collinsville
- 6 to 8 p.m. — The Flatbread Company, Shoppes at Farmington Valley, 110 Albany Turnpike, Canton.
ContentRobot worked alongside Doug Hardy of Independent Media Network LLC with customizing and tweaking the Massive News theme from Press 75. The enhancements included:
- Widening the right sidebar to accommodate 300 pixel wide advertising space.
- Adjusting the single article view and pages to hide the center column, allowing a better reading experience.
- Coded main content column to suppress the “Reader Contributed” category which is already displaying in the center column.
- Added various CSS tweaks to help formatting of images and general styling.
- Provided plugin recommendations for various site functionality.
- Created a snazzy favicon for the site
We look forward to this very cool local resource and wish John the best with his new endeavor.