Some highlights of the report:
Blogs are …
- Blogs are pervasive and part of our daily lives
- Blogs are a global phenomenon that has hit the mainstream
- The numbers vary, but agree that blogs are here to stay
- The lines between what is a blog and what is a mainstream media site become less clear
- Larger blogs are taking on more characteristics of mainstream sites and mainstream sites are incorporating styles and formats from the Blogosphere
Who are the Bloggers?
- Personal, professional, and corporate bloggers all have differing goals and cover an average of five topics within each blog.
- On average, bloggers use five different techniques to drive traffic to their blog, an average of seven publishing tools on their blog, and four distinct metrics for measuring success.
- Blogging is having an incredibly positive impact on [blogger’s] lives, with bloggers receiving speaking or publishing opportunities, career advancement, and personal satisfaction
Blogging for Profit …
- Among those with advertising, the mean annual investment in their blog is $1,800
- The mean annual revenue is $6,000 (with $75K+ in revenue for those with 100,000 or more unique visitors per month)
Brands Enter the Blogosphere …
- Four in five bloggers post brand or product reviews, with 37% posting them frequently
- 90% of bloggers say they post about the brands, music, movies and books that they love (or hate)
- Company information or gossip and everyday retail experiences are fodder for the majority of bloggers.
As a blog development company, ContentRobot continues to be excited about blogs and have been enjoying their continual evolution.