Starting a business blog? Do you know why you are? Don’t do it because it’s cool, do it because it will add something to your brand. Ask these 10 questions:
- What will the blog achieve?
- What are your expectations for the blog?
- How does it fit in with your current communications / marketing plans?
- Does your team have a combination of writing, technical, marketing, and strategy skills? Do they understand the blog space and the trends of the blogosphere
- Who are your bloggers? How much freedom are they given when blogging?
- Are you willing to forgo the company ’spin’ and and blog in a transparent way?
- Are you ready to get honest interaction (whether it includes positive or negative comments)?
- Are you willing to be patient and let the blog readership grow as you nuture it along?
- Do you have a plan to drive traffic?
- Do you have a content strategy?
ContentRobot asks these questions, among others, to help plan and position your blog for short and long-term success.